Information for Scholarship Recipients
Clark Foundation Scholarship recipients will find basic information about their awards and responsibilities below. If you have any questions regarding your award, please contact our office at (607) 547-9927.
- Each academic year, each scholarship recipient will receive an award letter indicating the award amount for the full year. This letter should be retained throughout the academic year to confirm the scholarship award to the appropriate campus financial officials.
- Acknowledge in writing your notification of each award.
- Attend a personal interview at The Scholarship Office each spring/summer to renew your scholarship for the following year. If special circumstances arise, additional interviews may be required.
- Submit grades immediately for each term completed (e.g. Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Semester, Quarter, J-Term, Mini-Session, Co-op, etc.). Grades must be submitted as soon as possible. Failure to do so may jeopardize your scholarship. Grade reports must be legible and include student and school names with semester and cumulative grade point averages. An official transcript is not required.
- Complete a renewal application each year. You will receive a renewal application by mail each year prior to the end of March. If transferring schools, a new application may be required.
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester and a grade point average in good standing to retain your scholarship.
Transfers and Withdrawals
- If you transfer or withdraw from school you must notify The Scholarship Office in writing.
- If an award check has already been sent to your current school, you must notify the school to return the award to The Scholarship Office. A second check cannot be issued to the new school until a refund is received.
- When transferring, you must send to The Scholarship Office a copy of your letter of acceptance for your new school.
- After graduation from college, you must submit final grades and schedule an exit interview to complete your scholarship records. If an exit interview is not possible, a letter specifying the title and date of your degree should be sent with your final grades.
Dates to Remember
- New High School Graduate checks are sent to schools the first week in July. Please notify The Scholarship Office in writing before the third week in June if you will not be attending the college initially chosen.
- Renewal recipient checks are sent to the designated school in the first week of August for Fall Semester and the first week in December for Spring Semester.
- Please notify The Scholarship Office in writing before July 30 or Dec. 1 if you are planning on transferring to another college.
Please feel free to call The Scholarship Office with questions. Remember, many conversations will need a written follow-up. Students must notify the office in writing of changes in college enrollment status.